Welcome to The Snapping Turtle, the semi-organized chaos of an amateur photographer. My name is Jessica, but you can call me Georgia Toile. You can call me that because I enjoy painting and the paintings of Georgia O’Keeffe, and writing and the idea of having a pseudonym like George Eliot.
I am a writer and my passions are deeply rooted in rhetoric (let’s argue sometime?). However, even before I learned how to give my dad a run for his money in the rare skill of talking until you’re blue in the face, I was a kid whose heart lay in the land of art.
I have been an amateur photographer for five years. It started when I took a film photography course in high school, paired it with a digital art class and learned how to shoot in digital and tweak my images in Photoshop. The rest is the proverbial history.
The most important things to note about this blog are listed here, in no particular order:
- I am not a professional, nor do I think I am. I just love my hobby and want to share my art with you.
- Speaking of sharing, some of these images are mine, but some of them are not. All credit will be given where credit is due. I’m no thief! And you shouldn’t be, either. I’m glad to share my art with you.
- If I didn’t want to hear your honest feedback, I wouldn’t have a blog. Give me your opinions and comment; I am a strong believer in constructive criticism.
- My pictures are either shot with my Canon PowerShot SD750 or my Canon Rebel XT. I love Canon. Nikon and I dated before he BROKE up with me just before I traveled to France. I was left heartbBROKEN. I still hold a grudge.
- I lied before, the most important thing about my blog is the fantastic title because I’m a terp and I like taking pictures.
In this blog, you will find a dash of photography, a handful of words, a slice of my life, a pinch of sarcasm, and a handful of tips, tricks, suggestions, and ideas. I am hoping this will be a recipe for something delicious, but I’m cooking from scratch and I lost the recipe card.